It is necessary to establish an industrial location policy which secures the productivity of industries and proper land utilization spaces of industrial activities, to enhance land-use efficiency within a limited area and establish the foundation of the national economic development.
It aims at adequate provision of industrial land, reasonable positioning of industrial facilities, balanced land development, promotion of continuous industrial expansion, and the harmony between industrial location and environment.
Before the 1960s in Korea, factory sites had mainly been developed in terms of individual locations depending on unplanned enterprise locations, but Korea arranged legislated further industrial locations via the Comprehensive Plans for Construction in the National Territory Law in 1962 and the Export Industry Complex Construction Law in 1964. As a result, the nation's first industrial complex was constructed in Ulsan, and the Korea Export and Industrial Corporation was built afterwards in the Seoul Metropolitan Area.
As a representative public corporation in the field of industrial complex development in Korea, LH offers consulting services regarding policy and legal arrangements for foreign governments based on its various experiences and expertise accumulated from Korea's development transition since the 1960s.
1. Industrial location and development policy establishment
2. Legal support: Industrial location and development law, industrial development guidelines
3. Selection and promotion plan of strategic industry for industrial complex development
4. Implementation plan of pre-existing industrial complex development projects
5. Invitational programs to share Korea's industrial complex experience